- Check their privilege, and own up to their whiteness.
- Don’t apologize for being white. We aren’t looking for sympathy, and we aren’t looking to shame you. We need whites to understand how their whiteness impacts PoC. Although you yourself have not committed the crimes of your ancestors or fellow white scum, you are all connected through your whiteness and benefit from that system of privilege. We don’t need you to hold our hands and apologize for every wrong doing a white person has ever done in the history of ever, but we do expect you to own up to that history and stop trying to disconnect yourself from the whiteness you benefit from for the sake of “solidarity”
- Stop claiming racism. Interpersonal acts of oppression=/= what Poc have and continue to go through because of their coloredness.
- You are NOT Troy Davis,Trayvon Martin, or a Strong Black Woman. You are the George Zimmerman’s of the world, you ARE the system that was created by whites to oppress, and terrorize PoC. You may worry that your children will grow up and join the patriarchy that fights against you, but you are not the Black Mother fearing that her child will be shot dead in the street for “looking suspicious”. Here is how you show solidarity as an white activist towards PoC
- Stop nit picking. Maybe ourr grammer is wrong, maybe we mispelled something, maybe you don’t like our “tone” or feel the need to bring up THAT ONE THING THAT HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE ARGUMENT BUT YOU FEEL NEEDS TO BE SAID BECAUSE YOUR FEE FEE’S WERE HURT. This is derailing, and because of your whiteness you end up speaking over us. This shit isn’t cool.
- Claim color blindness. First and foremost this is extremely ableist. The notion that we should all forsake attachment to race and/or cultural identity and be “just humans” within the framework of white dominated culture means that the subordinate groups must surrender their identities, beliefs, values, and assimilate by adopting the values and beliefs of privileged class whites. This does not create racial harmony nor does race suddenly become obsolete. Rather this thinking creates a fierce cultural protectionism and allows whites to continue with racist behavior unchecked.
- Keep changing the definition of racism so that you don’t fit into the definition of racism.
- Collect your folks. When you see a fellow white person actin’ a fool, it’s time to take the trash out.
- Stop questioning our validity, claim we’re being too emotional or “obsessed with race issues”
- Not to expect a damn cookie for meeting the basic qualifications of a decent human being
Seems relevant to some of the asks in my inbox right now.